Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Oops Mistake Pumpkin Cake


     
     I'm one of those people that never cared for the taste of pumpkin,  It seems the older I get, the more I like it.Pumpkin is in season, therefore,  It's only right that I create a recipe using pumpkin.  I started out making another recipe, until I realized I didn't have enough flour.  HCM to the rescue.
      This is kept in my kitchen for       emergencies.  This will be used a lot in my recipes. You'll learn to love having it around, I do !


NOTE : This cake has a light fluffy pudding texture; because of this, inserting toothpicks in the Center for testing doneness will not work with this cake.

Serves: 12 slices
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 30 Min
Cooking Method: Bake

Ingredients

GATHER AND MEASURE ALL INGREDIENTS

**HCM (HOUSE CAKE MIX) mix of (1) box yellow cake mix and (1) box angel food cake.  Sift together in one tightly sealed container.


1 can Pumpkin Purée
2 medium eggs
1/2 c sugar
1/2   stick. Butter
1/2  HCM**
1/2  tsp  allspice 
1/2  tsp  nutmeg
1 dash Cardamom
1 T vanilla 
1 T baking powder
1/2 c milk
1/2 c flour  



Directions

HEAT OVEN TO 350 F .  Spray (1) 9inch cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.

 
🍴 Beat butter,  sugar,  in large bowl with eletric mixer on medium speed intil well blended. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well. 

🍴 Add pumpkin, allspice, nutmeg, dash of cardamom and milk.  Mix well.
 
🍴 Stir together; flour, baking powder, salt and ( HCM ). slowly add to pumpkin mixture until well blended.
 
🍴 Pour in prepared cake pan.
 
🍴 Bake 30 min. or until edges pull way from pan.

Let cool.

ENJOY !😋

No comments:

Post a Comment